Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Revisiting Old Stories

Summer is closer now. I can smell it in the air at 5 when I leave the office and the sky is bright, holding out a little longer each day before it gives in to the inevitable. Yes, it's still winter. We may still get slammed with a snowstorm or two. I wouldn't mind. How could I? Warmer, sunnier days are almost here again. And I'll be so happy that I won't mind summer's empty promise to stay.

Then again, I should really enjoy these dark, frigid nights by the water while they last. There is something to be said for this time of year. Without it, summer wouldn't be very special.

I've pasted below a few favorite quotes from Anais Nin. I think I'll be rereading lots of her work when I'm reclined in the sand a few months from now. That is, when I can finally put down all these books on India...



“When one is pretending the entire body revolts.”


“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”


“How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.”



xo

No comments: