Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Chances and Coolness

There is that old saying, "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" I love that. But today I'm offering this:

"What would you do if now was your only chance?"

***

I was talking to my new coworker, Dan. He's a riot--a guy with four grown boys and a preteen daughter, and a movie collection that rivals all. He was stepping outside for a smoke, and I commented that I felt out of the loop around here because I don't take smoke breaks "like all the cool kids". He laughed and said he wished he could quit (again). Eventually, after going back and forth on whether or not smoking is cool, we agreed on this:

Smoking is cool, actually. It's really freaking cool.

But it's also disgusting. And really, really bad for you.



Time to go prep for a meeting.
xo

No comments: