Thursday, March 27, 2008

Q: What do grown-ups do?

While Sean dangled his feet in front of my laptop last night, playing the latest Star Wars Legos video game, Nolan climbed into the tub for a serious scrubbing. The kid is three years old, a total energetic jumping/leaping/howling spaz in a way his brother never was or will be--cuz they're different people--and he had the dirt all over him to prove it.

As I lathered up his hair with shampoo, I said, "You look like an old man with all those white bubbles in your hair."

"I'm not an old man!"

"Some day you will be! What do you want to be when you grow up, anyway?"

"A regular old man," he said.

"But what do you want to do when you grow up?" I asked, hoping to clarify his preschool goals.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......" he thought for a while. Then he looked up at me with the biggest smile and said,

"Freak out."


I guess he's studying his role models pretty well.


xo

No comments: