Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Do Declare

A house just doesn't seem in the stars for me and Ian. Not right now anyway. Since I feel the need to "blame" something for the fact that we've looked at countless homes, pursued three properties (two seriously), and have secured none, all I can think is: Someone has other plans for me this summer.

So I guess I won't be packing any time soon.

I'm tired. The whole process is emotionally exhausting. This pursuit of the American Dream or whatever it is.

In some ways, it's a relief. I can stay put for another year, just me and my boys, and hope that the right thing will eventually unfold. After all, you can't force these things to happen.

I was really hoping our last offer was going to work out. But we're not surprised it didn't. The sellers have rejected similar, reasonable offers. And Ian and I -- like previous bidders on the house -- aren't foolish enough to pay too much for a house that isn't worth it just because the owners are in too much debt. Sorry. This is bidniss.

So, back to the bidniss of the rest of my life.

I'm still buying that kayak.



xo

No comments: