Monday, April 28, 2008

Question of the Day

The boys and I zipped along through puddles on our way to school today, a few minutes late because all of us--even the dog--overslept on this rainy Monday. As my mind swirled with highlights of the weekend, like the kids' first little league game, Grandma's birthday, and seeing two houses for sale, Sean piped up from the backseat:

"Mom, do Jedis poop or pee?"

"Wow, Sean," I said. "That is an excellent question. What do you think?"

"I think they probably do, because sometimes they have to take a break from all the fighting and have something to drink. And it's gotta go somewhere!"

"I think you're right, Sean. But maybe because they're Jedis, they can hold it a little longer than the rest of us. What do you think?"

"Yeah. I guess."

Nolan joined the converesation. "Jedis don't eat."

Sean disagreed. "Yes they do, Nolan. They eat alien food and vegetables."

Nolan sat in quiet contemplation. Sean moved onto another topic, and I was grateful for Sean's initial question, which snapped me out of my lame grown-up thoughts and brought me into the reality of a six-year-old. We should all ponder questions about the GI function of Jedis.

Here are two game day pics from Jeff Glagowski. Renee and Jeff wouldn't have missed the kids' first game for the world. Jeff even brought the telephoto lens with him:


Noly runs the bases after his first hit:



Seany readies for a catch. He knows there are usually only ground balls in T-ball:


And this one of my Noly, because it captures my little monkey perfectly (thanks, Jeff!!). He was so excited about his first game:


Happy Monday. :o)

xo

No comments: