Tonight's top miracle list:
10. It's summer, for chrissake.
9. It's not winter in New Haven (see #10)
8. Dried cranberries in my salad, because I'm crunchy like that.
7. New friends. Via Etsy.com
6. Um, Etsy.com. Because how did I buy jewelry, or any gifts for that matter, before Etsy?
5. Laughing with coworkers.
4. Crying with coworkers.
3. Seeing my kids for a bit before they took off for camping during a mid-week vacation with dad (see #5 and #4)
2. Dinner and drinks with my friend Mary.
1. Escaping SBC at 10PM with Mary, when a swarm of crotch-rocket-ridin', crooked-white-hat-wearin' 20somethings descended upon the bar with their very bad facial hair and even worse ink.
It's true: that's #1 tonight. We made it out alive.
There are other things I could include, like the eggplant and peppers and poppies in bloom on my deck (three cheers for container gardening, the best friend of summer-loving apartment dwellers!); a small reserve of coffee-oreo ice cream from Ashley's in my fridge; driving 2-1/2 beers deep home just fine (hey, I'm a lightweight); the AL winning last night's All-Star Game; that moon tonight; this sweaty glass of seltzer beside me; songs stuck in my head; wedding dresses; crunchy raw peppers in my salad; Willoughby's coffee fresh ground and fresh brewed in my pot tomorrow (this is how I know Ian loves me); my dog chewing her bone; fresh-washed fabric ready for ironing and sewing; countdown til the kids come home Saturday; the moonlight splitting across the water at the Seawall on my drive home tonight; ceiling fans; looking forward to dinner tomorrow with Ian, Renee, Jeff...; walking the dog; crickets; seeing how things come full circle; seeing how things take care of themselves; trusting people; trusting the process of life; Grandma's voicemails; Mom calling me at 9PM to have a sane, girlfriend-esque conversation about work/hair/food; the historic house I live next to and whose three chimneys and wood-shingled roof I wake up to every morning; planning the wedding for me and Ian; books (lots of books); the long list of movies I don't have time to watch; this little thing called breath....
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of many more while brushing my teeth.
And Happy Wednesday.