Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Didn't I Just Do This?

I moved again. I'm in my "new" office around the corner and down the hall from my old one. Same job. Same people. Different digs. So, as if moving my home wasn't enough, I now need to adjust to the new space here at work. Apparently, I'm not afraid of change.

;o)

In other news, I'm kind of over the word "poop". My youngest son is four, and kids of three or four years old just looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove to talk about poop. Every chance they get, they sneak some poop into a story, song, or dinner conversation. I have no evidence that girls are like this; for the most part, I have been surrounded by little boys the past six years or so. And most of the boys, especially mine, are poop-obsessed during the preschool years.

If you don't believe me, consider Nolan's modified lyrics of this song, which he sung just last night:

Twinkle, twinkle, little poop
How I wonder what you poop
Up above the world so poop
Like a diamond in the poop
[note: this last line elicited much laughter from Sean and even me...]
Twinkle, twinkle, little poop
How I poop-poop poop poop pooooooooooooooooooooooooooop.


In other news, the Yanks got whacked last night by the Angels. Pudge Rodriguez started a fight and was suspended. I love players that make the sign of the cross every chance they get--at the plate, after a hit, crossing the plate... and then throw punches on the field. How Christian of them. God must be so proud. Regardless, and leaving God out of it, they're definitely not making it to the playoffs this year. And, Yankee fan that I am, I think that's a good thing. I love the Yanks, but the only way to start winning again is to first start losing again--badly. They'll need to clean house, get rid of their older players, and take on a younger team. I wish to God they would get rid of A-Rod, whose contract with the Yanks has in all likelihood Reversed the Curse. But I said I would leave God out of it, so....

And there will be no Supersuckers for me this week after all. Renee has decided she wants to hang at her new apartment with all of us instead. It's okay. Between all of us who will be together on Thursday, we've probably seen the Supersuckers more than 50 times. We can skip a show to eat cake and drink wine in Goatville.

In the meantime, I should REALLY get downtown today to finally pay the car taxes. I can't complain: Ian's car is in the shop, so we've got a loaner. I get to drive a brand new C-Class for the day. I fit right in around the Cove. I just need to put on about four more pounds of makeup.

Is it 5 yet? I owe Sean some mom time with two board games tonight. Wonder which ones he'll choose...

Happy Tuesday.
xo

No comments: