Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Foxy

Last night at bed, while half-asleep and anxious to tell me about their day, Nolan launched into a story about a little girl in his class who cries every day after her mother leaves. He's very worried about her.

"But when will she stop crying, Mommy?"

"As soon as she feels comfortable being at school. Maybe you can help her feel comfortable by being a good friend to her."

"Well, I will. But first I have to listen to my teachers and sit at my desk and take out my folder with the papers in it."

I won't argue with that.

Sean piped up from the top bunk: "Daddy saw a fox."

"Really? How cool! When?"

"The other day at his house. I saw it, too."

"You did? What did it look like?"

"It was red, and was creeping along the back of Joe's yard. He was like a little dog."

His eyes were almost closed at this point. My little boy was drifting off to sleep, dreaming of foxes.

Speaking of foxes, Wes Anderson's The Fantastic Mr. Fox is due to come out...eventually. It's been in post-production forever, but it should hopefully be out soon. And Ian sent me a link this morning to the following tidbit from Variety:


Source: Variety
by: Daniel Barna

Wes Anderson is known for his completely original scripts, idiosyncratic little ditties that can charm even the most hardened of souls. It comes as somewhat of a surprise then, to learn that Anderson is tapped to write MY BEST FRIEND, a remake of the 2006 Patrice Leconte-directed French comedy MON MEILLEUR AMI. Apparently Anderson is also interested in directing the film, which centers around a cranky antiques dealer who learns at a dinner with his closest friends that none of them actually like him because of he's a selfish prick (sounds like my average Saturday night). When his business partner bets him a valuable vase that he can't produce a best friend, the dealer tries to get an likeable cab driver to pose as his bffaeae. Sounds like the perfect project for Anderson. Nevermind the usual high concept story and the eccentric ensemble cast, he also gets to play with antiques!


I can't wait. The release of The Darjeeling Limited seems so long ago!

Here's a little something for your Wednesday. I fell in love with Wes Anderson's brain when I saw Bottle Rocket in 1996. :o)



Happy Hump Day.
xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this seems like it's totally unrelated to your post, but . . . you should check out chef Eric Ripert's website on how to cook things in a toaster oven. It's at http://aveceric.com/ . . . and he's one of the very few Michelin 3-star chefs in the US, which makes this toaster oven stuff sort of hilarious. They're just short little videos, great for killing a few minutes here or there, and fulfilling the recommended daily allowance for sexy-french-accented-man-standing-in-a-kitchen footage. --Julia, not anonymous, just too techno-stupid right now to remember how to sign in

Milk Money said...

And that is why I love you. And miss seeing you on a daily basis. :o)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
M.