Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fright School

"Last night was incredibly awesome."

So said Nolan as he munched away on a pumpkin muffin this morning for breakfast, snuggled under a fleece blanket in front of Scooby-Doo.

He was referring to the big Halloween party hosted by his school last night. And he's not kidding: they do an incredibly awesome job. The main corridor of the school is transformed into a VERY scary haunted house, and upperclassmen dressed in gory costumes jump out from dark corners and enthusiastically scare the crap out of everyone.

The kids had a great time, dressed in their clone trooper costumes and running around with their friends. This morning, after almost 12 hours of sleep, Sean stumbled into my bedroom to wish me good morning.

"I'm dizzy," he said.

I was concerned. "Honey, why?"

"Because I had A BLAST last night!"

Of course, it came out more like, "Becauth I had a blatht latht night!", since he's missing three teeth on the top row of his mouth.

We all had a blast last night. I dressed up as a sock-hop girl; Ian dressed up as a prisoner. We played games and munched on baked goods and hung out with other parents--some of whom didn't realize I was a parent and not one of the 8th graders dressed up as a sock-hop girl. Pretty amusing. I guess I am that small.



It's Sunday. I'm spending the afternoon lunching and shopping with my mom. We don't do this very often, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Until then, I think I'll have another one of those pumpkin chocolate chip muffins I whipped up from scratch this morning. Excuse me while I pat myself on the back for being such a domestic goddess.

Here's my lil' troopers...




...and Cee Cee...




Happy Sunday!
xo

No comments: