Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Summary

1. I found my wedding dress while out with my mom today. Funny how that happens. Five seconds with my mother and I was able to find something that has eluded me for months. And it's gorgeous yet understated--and not white.

2. While I was out, Ian informed me that Nolan and his best friend started a band. Nolan plays drums; his best friend plays guitar.

"So, Noly," I asked. "What's the name of your band?"

"Scary Poop!"

Of course.




Nine days til election day. I'm chompin' at the bit to cast my ballot for Obama.

Time to go get two very dirty little boys into the tub...


Before I go, a recipe for pumpkin muffins. I found it on a food blog, but I made a lot of changes:

2 cups of wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg -- fresh ground makes it so much better
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon...a pinch or two more if you want
1 tsp ground cloves
2 cups sugar -- half brown, half white
3 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 cup applesauce
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
3/4 cup of chocolate chips (in our case, nut free ones from VermontNutFree.com)

Preheat the oven to 350. Grease muffin tin with canola oil spray. Mix all the dry ingredients together; add wet ingredients and chocolate chips (or raisins, or cranberries, or some evil nuts if you prefer), and spoon into muffin tins. Bake for 1/2 hour, testing the center after 20 minutes, since ovens vary.

The original recipe called for more flour and about half the spices. I can't imagine making anything pumpkin without ginger or vanilla, though...

Enjoy!


xo

4 comments:

Renee said...

YAY!!! You got your dress!!! I cannot wait to see it!!!
xoxo

Milk Money said...

I can't wait for you to see it, either! Ian keeps asking me what it looks like. As if I'd tell him. Can't SOMETHING be a surprise? ;o)

xo

momof2gr8kids said...

YUMMY i love those muffins too.. although I am naughty and use real white man flour.. yummy thanks for posting I am just going to get going on them tomorrow!!

Milk Money said...

They are so yummy. One of the dogs grabbed the LAST BITE of the last muffin left this morning. Nolan spent 15 minutes wailing, "My MUFFIN! My little piece of muffin is GONE!" It was pretty pathetic.