Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Catching Up

Good God, I am so overdue to write a real blog entry. I've been so busy enjoying life offline that I've just not felt inspired to sit down and fill up this space with any of it.

Suffice to say, the tomatoes are ripening. The moonflowers and morning glories have taken over parts of my yard. We survived the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Irene intact. We had a great few days in Philly. Sean had a nice long conversation with Bernie Williams. There were boat rides and bike rides and kayaking and lake, pool and ocean swimming. There were carnivals and amusement parks, where Sean indulged his obsession with riding the loopiest rollercoasters. There was beach yoga and sunburns and seaglass to be found. Ian broke out the motorcycle again, while I fell in love with the Fiat 500. On steamy afternoons I enjoyed cool lunches on Grandma's back porch. And overall, summer was fun and hot, and it flew by as usual.

I'll catch up at some point here. I've got a few blogs that might be worth putting together, as well as at least one book review and some awesome recipes worth sharing.

But all I can say right now is that I have new jeans, cardigans and lipstick to greet fall. The new season of SOA starts tonight. The Yanks are back in the number one spot. And Mack the Knife was my song this summer. It was in heavy rotation in my car. I fall asleep with it in my head. I probably dream about it, when I'm not dreaming about long-dead dogs of mine, pets who have come to say hello and roll over for belly rubs while I sleep.

It was a good summer. Again.



xo

No comments: